1. This call to entry is open to everyone in South Africa
2. Entries will be open from (dates to be inserted here). Entries received after the stipulated date will not be considered.
3. The SABC and Grounded Media have sole discretion to select twelve - fifteen (15) entries that are deemed appropriate and are aligned with the campaign objectives and creative approach
4. Unsuccessful entrants. If you do not hear from us after 6 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. No correspondence will be entered into regarding unsuccessful applications.
5. Under 18’s must have a legal guardian’s permission to enter
6. The SABC and Grounded Media accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The SABC and Grounded Media will not be liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
7. By submitting an entry for the campaign, the entrant gives SABC, Grounded Media and/or 9mm Films the permission to conduct a telephonic interview, once the entrant has been shortlisted.
8. The SABC and Grounded Media shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death, which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this campaign
9. The final selected entrants agree to have their names and likenesses used for the duration of the SABC License campaign #MadePossibleByYou on Television, radio and digital platforms
10. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted all the above terms and conditions when submitting an entry.
SABC #Madepossiblebyyou FAQ's
1. What is #Madepossiblebyyou? A campaign that will search for twelve unique stories from across the country to reflect how the programming by SABC has affected the lives of everyday people in a bid to encourage South Africans to pay their TV licences.
2. When does the campaign start? Monday 4 November 2019
3. When is the closing date? Monday 25 November 2019
4. How can people enter? Send a video of not more than 1 minute via WhatsApp of yourself telling us about your SABC experience in your home launguage.
Send the clip to: 079 504 3170 and type in:
• Name & surname
• Home language
• Phone number (if the number you are using is not yours)
• Email address (if you have one)
5. Who is allowed to enter? All South Africans of ages ranging from 4 years upwards. * Minors need parental guardian approval.
6. Which languges can be used in the video? Any of the 11 South African official languages can be used in the video.
7. What age must you be to enter? 12 years upwards. *Minors need parental guardian approval.
8. How long must the video be? 1 minute
9. What if the video is longer than 1 minute? It wil be disqualified
10. Can you submit a video using someone else’s phone? Yes you can. You must remember to type in your phone number with the other detailes when you send your video clip.
11. Can you submit a video on someone else’s behalf? Yes you can. You must remember to type in their information when you send the video clip.
12. What happens if I get selected? You will be contacted by the team and informed formerly. They will also do a brief phone interview to get to know you better.
13. How do I know if my video is not selected If you don’t hear from the team after 6 weeks of sending your entry, consider it unsuccessful.
14. What do I win? If your story is selected as part of the final 12, it be recorded and broadcast on SABC TV and radio stations.
15. How many stories will be selected in the end?
12 stories will be selected